Plantar fasciitis – plantar fasciitis treatment – Causes of plantar fasciitis – Heel pain – Treatment for heel Pain
What is Plantar Fasciitis:
Severe pain in the heels or feet, especially after a period of rest during the morning or after a period of prolonged sitting.
Causes of plantar fasciitis:
It is unknown precisely, but there are factors that help to cause it, such as:
- Being overweight
- Standing, long walking, or strenuous exercise.
- Ill-fitting, especially flat shoes.
- Flat feet
- Calf cramp.
Symptoms of plantar fasciitis:
Severe pain in and around the heel area, especially during the morning, and may extend upward.
Diagnosing plantar fasciitis
By the clinical examination and hearing the patient’s story and x-rays that show the presence of a protuberance in the form of a fork in the heel bone.
Treatment for plantar fasciitis
- Reduce standing or stress on the feet.
- Weight maintenance
- Owning orthopedic shoes
- Physical therapy that includes ultrasound, etc. can be used.
- A topical cortisone injection when the previous failed.
- Surgery in rare cases.